Stock radio removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

val620

Reaction score
Has anyone removed there stock radio?How hard is it and how did you get to it? Thanks

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually pretty simple, You just need to pull on the dash and it'll come off, then you'll need to disconnect all the wires like, headlight switch, rear hatch, 4x4, rear wiper if you have all those. then the radio, you push down on both sides of the bracket that holds it in and it will slide out. Then its just unplugging the wiring harness and antenna wire. Hope this helps

crash-boy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Extremely easy, just as answered above. Always helps to do some homework on-line and with some manuals such as haynes to get familiar with vehicle and feel comfortable doing small to big projects.

OP
OP
V

val620

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks i hope i dont come back with a post on how to put it back together lol

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks i hope i dont come back with a post on how to put it back together lol

2u9mvd0.jpg
This is how I disconnect the wires, and some more tips for you: put parking brake on, and put it 1st, it'll be easier to get the top half of the dash out first then the bottom, (Assuming your putting in a new radio) youll need a mounting bracket and wiring harness, test your radio before putting dash back on, also check your rear door speakers after install (you might have connect your remote wire to the rear door speakers to make them work). Finally connect all the wires and pop it back on! Thats all I can think of from my experience, all in all this is a simple thing to do. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925