stalled and now not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagobug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was backing out of parking space and 2003 yukon stalled. Now it does not want to turn over. The check engine light doesn't come on and the little line under like Park, Reverse, Nuetral, Drive, etc. doesn't appear either. I need help this is my only car.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
-Check to make sure you Air intake and all connections to it is on tight
-Make sure battery isnt dead
-Do you get power at all?

OP
OP
J

jagobug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no power at all, it wont turn over, but there is power from the battery and there is power to the ignition. I turn the key and on the cluster where p,r,n,d,etc... is the position aint even underlined. The check engine doesn't even come on!!! HELP!!!

OP
OP
J

jagobug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
-Check to make sure you Air intake and all connections to it is on tight
-Make sure battery isnt dead
-Do you get power at all?

yes i have power from battery and to the ignition

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Just a guess, but check your linkage to make sure your actually in park, also try different positions on you shifter to see if it will turn over

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened bro...any luck?

B

OP
OP
J

jagobug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try starting it in neutral

Nope, nothing the ignition has power and so does the battery. But when the key is turned to start nothng happens no clicking no rmmm...rmmmm neither. I'm thinking its electrical somewhere. Any ideas???

fierodough

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It has to be a main breaker or fusible link.

Check the fuse panel under the hood. There should be a couple of very BIG fuses. My bet is it's one of those.

Could also be the main wire to your starter that has let go. Follow the big wire going from the positive of the junction box to the starter.

OP
OP
J

jagobug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It has to be a main breaker or fusible link.

Check the fuse panel under the hood. There should be a couple of very BIG fuses. My bet is it's one of those.

Could also be the main wire to your starter that has let go. Follow the big wire going from the positive of the junction box to the starter.

There is a short, because the pcm b fuse blows everytime. Getting it fixed will let everyone know outcome. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz