She just arrived: Summit White Denali: Update: Transmission fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Excellent choice!

Hopefully the weather will be nice to you for a few days at least.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was blown away by the exterior lighting and didn’t realize there was such great light coming off the mirrors. The “perimeter lighting” is outstanding and reminds me exactly of my under-cabinet kitchen lighting. Wow, has this vehicle checked all the boxes so far!

Looking good. Consider swapping out the front GMC logo for the illuminated version for an even better exterior lighting experience.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent... ! Is it a Duramax?

No, it’s the 6.2. I had terrible experiences with diesels in 3 BMW X5’s I owned back to back a number of years ago before the German auto manufacturers pulled all diesel vehicles from the US. Where I live in MN we have the highest percentage of biodiesel blend of anywhere in the country and I was having extreme carbon buildup on the intake manifolds. German diesels were technically only rated for a 5% biodiesel blend but could get by on 10%. Yeah, that was a recipe for disaster with the minimum in the region at the time only as low as 15%.

Please keep in mind that American diesel vehicles are tuned to run on the 20% blend but I was so shaken by my experiences that no matter the range or torque of the diesel, I just couldn’t bring myself to roll the dice on the risk of more issues with the Denali. It KILLS me though as that low-end torque is addictive and the range is second-to-none. I would routinely get mid 30’s MPG in my X5’s and insane range but it was so short-lived before major engine issues that I vowed to be done with diesel.

I’m very hopeful for all those on the board with Duramax-powered rigs that your ownership experience is opposite of mine in the past with 3 liter diesel vehicles. I fully realize I’m comparing apples and oranges here and these American diesels will hopefully churn out power for hundreds of thousands of miles, trouble free. Hell, maybe you’ll all make a believer out of me again and I’ll trade this one on an oil-burner!

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm Only interested as I currently own 3 modern diesels and am wanting a Duramax. I've a had a few related emissions issues, but no real show stoppers.

Yes, torque and range are excellent and that is what I'm looking for. I have no interest in +.60 cent Premium fuel or filling up every 300 miles. This vehicle really should have a 30+ gal tank IMHO. A vehicle this big and well equipped that would get 25+ mpg is highly appealing to me. Could be one of the last great American Diesel SUV's...
Since I can't order one the way I want, I'm going to be watching dealer stock over the next few months to see if anything shows up near me. If it's within 500 miles, I'll drive to get it...
But Dmaxes are rare as hens teeth in the countries inventory....

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't feel they really look as absurd as I thought they might. Unless you really look hard at them, or the fronts are turned/ looking directly on from the rear, they don't stand out as much as I thought. I really like the look of the AT4 rims with these tires too: MUCH more brawny. The million-dollar question is how loud do they ride? I was actually shocked there isn't more noise from the tread. They have a slight hum but again, barely noticeable. Also NO RUBBING!!!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Honestly I don't feel they really look as absurd as I thought they might. Unless you really look hard at them, or the fronts are turned/ looking directly on from the rear, they don't stand out as much as I thought. I really like the look of the AT4 rims with these tires too: MUCH more brawny. The million-dollar question is how loud do they ride? I was actually shocked there isn't more noise from the tread. They have a slight hum but again, barely noticeable. Also NO RUBBING!!!

Looks good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman