Restoring color on hvac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all I was wondering if there was a cure or a way to restore the hvac smear on the colors without buying new templates

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the best rated replacement decals for the buttons I could find on eBay or Amazon (can't remember which) and followed the directions for installing them to the letter. They're perfect and I can't even tell they were ever bad - even at night.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the best rated replacement decals for the buttons I could find on eBay or Amazon (can't remember which) and followed the directions for installing them to the letter. They're perfect and I can't even tell they were ever bad - even at night.
Yup. This is the best solution I’m aware of. If you do it exactly per the instructions, and take your time, they’ll look just like new, and last a while.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those stickers are a good fix, readily available thru Amazon and flea bay. I’ve used a couple of sets.

follow instructions and prep with isopropyl alcohol before, I used tweezers to get the fit right when I redid my buttons

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Right now it’s the stickers, which is a really clever fix that turns out great, combining through eBay for a used replacement in better condition and not getting fleeced or the Dorman rebuilt unit available on Jegs. They want a $250 core deposit plus the cost of the replacement until you return your original to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now it’s the stickers, which is a really clever fix that turns out great, combining through eBay for a used replacement in better condition and not getting fleeced or the Dorman rebuilt unit available on Jegs. They want a $250 core deposit plus the cost of the replacement until you return your original to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Insanity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN