Removed the roof rack and mudflaps, now I am done until Spring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your truck looks great!

I'm near Madison and just purchased my Yukon!

I removed the mud flaps also... I masked off the lower part of the rear 1/4 sanded, and shot with chip guard paint. This stuff is very durable! (see pics, you can sorta seee it)

IMG_2951.jpg

I also removed the wheel lip mouldings (lame non-stock type) now aI need to deal with rapairing holes from screws, and some paint blistering where dirt and grime had built up...... Thinking about loosing the body mouldings, roof rack and badging on the rear also. Were the body mouldings difficult to remove? How do you prevent water getting into the holes from the rack mounts?

If you sell your rims let me know (size?) I'm thinking about 20's and black, but not sure what type?

Last edited:

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
All the moldings are attached with 3m adhesive. Just get one corner lifted up then slowly pull it off the truck. The glue may remain on the truck and then you can use a 3m stripe off rubber wheel which attaches to your standard drill and you gently rub off the glue. But don't stay in one spot too long as you will remove the glue and then the paint.

It's really not that hard but these trucks look better de-molded and de-badged. Nice clean looks

Good luck man, trucks looks like it's on the way to looking awesome
JD

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can buy plastic trim panel caps, cut the tip off, put some silicone in the hole and then put the trim cap in.

i just put set screws down inside mine and painted the brass nubs black.

jimweis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for now I just have the set screws in place but going to use door molding trim that was posted by someone else. For now, you dont notice it unless up close so I am fine with it. I thought about leaving the flaps on but its just more spots for salt and snow to accumulate in during the long ass winters here.

Door moldings that might have been me...
picture.jpg [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts