Remote Start: Factory or Aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boardrider05150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

I had originally posted in the tahoe forum but a user messaged me and said that the forum is pretty much dead and sent me a link to here. This is my post from the other forum. I hope anyone can help. Thank fellow GM owners. whether hoe/kon/burb/xl/lade, you guys picked the right SUVs to own!! :)

"Im new to this forum and I was looking at the threads for remote start. They are a bit old yet very informative. I wanted your opinions on remote start for my 2002 Yukon XL. FYI it has the factory alarm.

1) which remote start should I get. Factory or Aftermarket? if after market, which brands/models. (models that will supplement my factory alarm and/or replace my factory alarm)

2) I know that they didn't have factory remote starts for 2002 model. I was wondering, do any of you know if I can get the 2010 factory alarm/remote starter kit and have it wired to my '02 XL?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!"

Thanks,

Boardrider

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

I had originally posted in the tahoe forum but a user messaged me and said that the forum is pretty much dead and sent me a link to here. This is my post from the other forum. I hope anyone can help. Thank fellow GM owners. whether hoe/kon/burb/xl/lade, you guys picked the right SUVs to own!! :)

"Im new to this forum and I was looking at the threads for remote start. They are a bit old yet very informative. I wanted your opinions on remote start for my 2002 Yukon XL. FYI it has the factory alarm.

1) which remote start should I get. Factory or Aftermarket? if after market, which brands/models. (models that will supplement my factory alarm and/or replace my factory alarm)

2) I know that they didn't have factory remote starts for 2002 model. I was wondering, do any of you know if I can get the 2010 factory alarm/remote starter kit and have it wired to my '02 XL?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!"

Thanks,

Boardrider
1: there is no factor kit
2: not aware of that being remotely possible... (pun intended) and aftermarket is both better and cheaper anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali