REGEN Light in DIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a warning light or some message in the information center about the engine going into regen? I checked the supplement, but it does not say specifically that there is a light for regen, only problems relating to the DEF. I think I can tell now from the exhaust note and the faint melted crayon smell, but maybe not always. It would be helpful to get a message. Maybe somebody knows if there's a way to check.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a handful of Youtube videos if you search 3L Duramax regen. It doesn't sound like there's any DIC notification. Just the smell, sound and small drop in MPG.

Here's an interesting video - looks like with an external gauge pod like this Banks system you can see when regen is on or off, and also see how EGTs, FRP, DPF RG readings all change during the regen cycle.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question would be….is there a symbol or notification that tells you to “keep driving” if the vehicle NEEDS to regen or needs to finish one…?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu