Rear Axle Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

01YukonSC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, that makes all the difference in the world. Seen more axle tube leaks from them than OE. Still could have a bad vent not allowing the fluid to breathe.

I'm not familiar with the vent, where is that located?

Will recheck it again today when I return home with a fresh degreasing and short drive. It's sitting currently, only drive it once a week in the current situation. Wife is a stay at home mom and she's not going many places with the pandemic and kids not in school.

OP
OP

01YukonSC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, that makes all the difference in the world. Seen more axle tube leaks from them than OE. Still could have a bad vent not allowing the fluid to breathe.

The phrase "pulling teeth" comes to mind.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Will do. I did remove and replace the differential cover, but mentioned that in the first post on this thread. Rear differential is same gear ratio (3.42 I believe?) as stock. Has been doing fine since replacing ~7 years ago until noticing these leaks. I do have a small leak at the transfer case as well but haven't seen it flowing down the axle to the differential. Will double check that now I think about it, though. But the differential fluid was definitely low. Removed/replaced the differential cover about 6 months ago due to this leak in hopes it would fix it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401