Rattle noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you listen closely at around .23 sec in the video it can be heard it sounds like metal on metal flutter/rattle its definitely not the exhaust banging around
ok I can hear it just barely, you might have to get a set of "chassis ears" to chase it down, could be anything a loose panel, a loose component, brake shield, sometimes things will only resonate at a certain frequency and sometimes sounds on these trucks may appear to be coming from one place but are actually coming from somewhere else so you basically have to check everywhere.

OP
OP
wiberforce7

wiberforce7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok I can hear it just barely, you might have to get a set of "chassis ears" to chase it down, could be anything a loose panel, a loose component, brake shield, sometimes things will only resonate at a certain frequency and sometimes sounds on these trucks may appear to be coming from one place but are actually coming from somewhere else so you basically have to check everywhere.
I actually used one of those a few weeks back with no luck the sound resembles keys jingling around is the best way to describe it and it is very loud

Jeff Pappy Shobe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually used one of those a few weeks back with no luck the sound resembles keys jingling around is the best way to describe it and it is very loud
I had a similar problem on my 1999 Tahoe. Turns out it was the access shield to the flywheel at the bottom of the bell housing rattling metal to metal on the bell housing but only at a certain rpm. I put some foam tape on it where it made contact and it stopped.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check your door hinge pins. In a '96 they could be loose and causing the door to make noise when the body gets into certain positions.

EDIT: Didn't realize this thread was a bit old when I saw it on the today's posts section.