Power running board problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steved460

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon. The power running boards seem to be receiving signals to lower and then close when the door is 1st opened. I have lubricated them so that is not the problem. I am thinking maybe the door open/close switch. Where is the switch on this truck? If I open the door and the running board lowers and then closes, I can open the door the 2nd time and it work fine.
If anyone has any other ideas, I am game to hear them.
Thanks

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen that one on our 2022 Yukon but it does not sound good. You could get hurt. Call a Dealer and tell them it's a safety hazard.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon. The power running boards seem to be receiving signals to lower and then close when the door is 1st opened. I have lubricated them so that is not the problem. I am thinking maybe the door open/close switch. Where is the switch on this truck? If I open the door and the running board lowers and then closes, I can open the door the 2nd time and it work fine.
If anyone has any other ideas, I am game to hear them.
Thanks
helps to drive into the car wash and thoroughly rinse the threshold motor assembly, while extending the thresholds and then dripping lubricant for bicycle chains into the joints

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it dosnt work the first time, but works right after that, its not a lubrication issue. Sounds like more of an electronic/programing issue to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt