Power (driver) seat (lack-off) height adjustmet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

annstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2014 YXL Denali: Control actuates motor. Motor operates but the threaded rod is not moving. Sound familiar to anyone? The motor sounds odd, under load, but consistent - not as though there are extra bits being ground up. Is it possible for the threaded rod to become 'backed-out' of the mount? Will get a pry-bar under it to see if the hinge is seized up tomorrow - need an extra set of hands.

Related: do i need to remove the negative battery terminal before i disconnect seat electronics? Are the odd sockets for seat floor bolts available at chain auto parts stores?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Socket for seat nuts is eTorx (external Torx) type. You can use an appropriately-sized 12- or 6-pt socket, but be sure it's a good fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
annstruck

annstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you - this was a relief. I now how to remove and replace a yukon front seat. Guessing the issue is in the transfer mechanism, had to put everything back together as it is our only vehicle at this time. Good to learn how everything goes together and get all the debris out from the cracks and crevices left by the previous owners

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The treaded rods can be "bottomed out" and stuck at either of the range extremes. You can pop it loose with a pair of pliers. This happened to me twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep