Possible HVAC issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it my AC seems to feel like its only blowing cold when I have the temp set to 60 but when it's at 70 it feels warm. Also the heat only blows really hot when set at 90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abideejay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20' from the surface of the sun (otherwise known a
Do you have the electronic climate control? If you do, there is a small sensor in the headliner above the driver's seat. Looks like a small microphone. This is the aspirator for the automatic/electronic climate control. These can go stupid. When that happens, the A/C doesn't know what temperature it is inside the truck, so it can't regulate it.

The part isn't expensive, but getting the old one out of the headliner and the new one in can be an exercise in patience.

OP
OP
2005SnowKon

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kind of what I thought it could be. I'll check on how much one is tomorrow. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Try putting a vacuum hose up to it and see if you can clean it out that way. I believe whole-heartedly in the K.I.S.S. method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01

Latest posts