Please help me plan exhuast system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
do not use a smaller pipe in there. the muffler out is 3in. stick with the 2.25 and 3 pipes in their proper places. the cat back with bigger inter pipes is not really bad if the maker has tuned the exhaust system correctly.

OP
OP
S

sauldgold

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry guys. my last post was confusing.

Instead of "2 in/2out" I should have written "dual in / dual out"

the muffler measures 5x11x22 with an internal x , all inlets and outlets are 2.5"

I plan on cutting out the stock muffler and having the new one welded in place

What I was attempting to ask is; Since the prefab catback systems use 2.5" pipe between the cats and the muffler, is there any benefit in emulating that and replacing that particular section with 2.5" or would that just be a waste of time and money?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i see no harm or waste in emulating it if the pre-fabs like magnaflow or flowmaster use that size. they did their homework when designing them. you are just copycatting with your own material choice. they did get a performance boost out of their work don't forget. just make sure all tubing is mandrel bent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman