pissed!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Nothing pisses me off quite like spending hours replacing a part and it not fixing the problem. I had knock sensor codes so I replaced them and intake gaskets. Cleared the codes, Drove it 3 miles and the damn knock sensors read low input on both. Wtf!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!,!,! I'm so sick of fighting codes for stupid emissions/inspection s horse sh*t!

Now that I've vented, on to my question. Has anyone ever had all the emissions crap tuned out of the computer? Is it possible to get a tune that will allow me to pass inspection every time? I am going to check my spark plug gap tomorrow and make sure thats not the culprit.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This forum is kinda slow on the weekends... especially at 2am Sunday morning. I'm sue come Monday someone will have some answers for you...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the codes you are getting? Are they the same codes you got before the knock sensor and intake gasket swap? Does it drive any different now?

As for tuning out knock sensors, not sure if you can and not sure if you would want to, but hopefully someone will chime in on some answers for you!

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
P0327 and p0332, feels like runs a little better, not much, could be just do to the new intake gaskets. Slight rocker rattle under low rpm load still, don't know if that's due to the knock sensors retarding the timing or what. Going to check spark plug gap and try 93 octane to see if that fixes it.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check connectors for corrosion ? I think I remember seeing that mentioned Before in regards to knock sensor issues.

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Did you check connectors for corrosion ? I think I remember seeing that mentioned Before in regards to knock sensor issues.

Yes, both were fine as far as corrosion goes. However, one broke when I discinnected. The plastic just fell apart, so I replaced that connector. Just squeezed the spark plug gap own to .040, going to go drive it and see what happens. Also, would a bad maf sensor cause a lean mix which would cause the knock sensir codes? A few weeks ago I got a maf code but it went away.

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Ok, so changing the gap didn't fix the problem. Added lucas to the oil and 108 octane booster. Cleared thecodes and even reset the fuel trim level (Disconecting the battery cables and touching them together for 10 seconds and leaving the battery disconnected for 20 mins) drove to work the morning, still gave codes. Im at a loss as to where to look next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024

Latest posts