P0496 2008 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, not one reply to this!? Anyway, to help anyone else out with this problem, I pulled the valve off, and I was able to blow through it. This is a normally closed valve, so this meant it was bad. I put a new GM valve on from Amazon, and cleared the code. The valve it's self is located behind the alternator and on top of the motor, it was pretty easy to get to. The light hasn't returned, so I think I am good to go! This took me about 15 min. to replace.

luckymax

Reaction score
Had same code pop up a few days ago. Got the CEL cleared but came back within 35-40 miles. Just ordered same part you did. Hopefully fixes this problem.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, report back. Be careful disconnecting the lines, took me a min to figure it out.

luckymax

Reaction score
Update: Changed out the part once it arrived. So far 100 miles driven and no check engine light. Easy job overall to switch part, except for one of the three connections. Kind of struggled with it and half broke the clip. Still works and attaches. It was the one closest to front of engine bay. The other two were to the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman