P0332 Knock sensors code back....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
About 6 months ago i replaced the knock sensors and harnesses in my '06 Tahoe. This cleared the code and the truck has been running fine. Actually it ran fine before the replacement, but i wanted to clear the CEL.

Well, the CEL popped again and it's the same P0332 Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low (Bank 2). No change in engine performance, runs fine.

I've cleared the code and will see if it comes back, but any advice if it returns? I'd be surprised if they have failed so soon.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
A

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
Yeah, replaced both sensors and harnesses. And yes, i did the work and did the RTV dam trick. I'd be surprised if water got in there...maybe, but the original sensors took 13 years to go bad... Could there be some glitchyness in the ECU? That's where the KS's plug in...right?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, replaced both sensors and harnesses. And yes, i did the work and did the RTV dam trick. I'd be surprised if water got in there...maybe, but the original sensors took 13 years to go bad... Could there be some glitchyness in the ECU? That's where the KS's plug in...right?
I honestly don't know about that, but if it was me I'd clear the code and see what happens. It could just be one of those things, and never come back.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when installed did you tq them to the proper tq setting? it matters a lot.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i know is ive been told it matters. iirc it was 14 fp. to tight they might read false kr, not sure that they would fail from it tho.

OP
OP
A

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks. I'll do some more research. Fingers crossed the CEL will stay out, but i have a sneaking suspicion it will come back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham