ODE to a Mechanic...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMOWESME$

Reaction score
Just wanted to put a post up to pay homage to those out there with broken cracked greased knuckles, those who bear the cold inclimate weather, wrenching and pulling , banging and tourquing keeping the beasts alive. We all have our trades and abilities and those who have invested in thousands of dollars in tools and garages who are capable of performing the jobs others just dont have the time, tools or experience to do correctly these people are modern day wizards and I salute them. :worship:

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Thank you very much sir!! I def know what it is to work at 20 degrees F with no heaters and then slam your fingers against cold metal, while your skin is so dry that it cracks open, only to notice "why are my hands wet, they cant be sweating" and see all this blood pouring, then going to warmth and finally feeling the pain, oh yes, I know!!! lol But its all worth it and the satisfaction you get when you see that poor car come alive again and the happiness in the customers' face when you tell em its ready, only for them to faint when you show them the bill!!! LMAO!! Priceless!!

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thank you as well...17 degrees working in the hull of a track vehicle at 2AM performing an engine swap will make you a bit edgy...specially when your hands and body are so cold that your standing by the exhaust of generators trying to warm up!

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to put a post up to pay homage to those out there with broken cracked greased knuckles, those who bear the cold inclimate weather, wrenching and pulling , banging and tourquing keeping the beasts alive. We all have our trades and abilities and those who have invested in thousands of dollars in tools and garages who are capable of performing the jobs others just dont have the time, tools or experience to do correctly these people are modern day wizards and I salute them. :worship:

Yup, you've posted what I'm thinking about the guys in our garage.
I give our old guy Mech a hard time(I call him an old guy, remotely take over his mouse when he's trying to surf Nascar), and he threatens to beat me with a wrench(says I'm too fat, and he can still run faster than me), but I have the utmost respect for him. I don't go the service manager, or the aprentice's, etc. I'm heading for the old guy who knew cars before I was breathing. You can't buy that level of experience anywhere. He won't let me buy crap for my Yuk, and he supervises the aprent's work on my truck. That guy is a frakking Auto GOD! And his dog died last Friday, which sux because Homer(the dog) would come in every friday and sit at my desk. So I'm going to be nicer to him this week. Maybe I won't get beaten this week.

+1 :worship:

OP
OP
GMOWESME$

GMOWESME$

Reaction score
...thanks to my new found freind who spent many years as a GM tech I was able to get balljoints , intake job done and some free advice. People will say its easy to do things like this but as I said time, tools, exp.. a decent garage all make it convient for me to just bring it to his shop and the hardest thing I have to do is make the money to pay for it and pick up some beer.

99Yuk... You must be a car salesman of some sort... I took ups at one point in my life. Dont miss it. salesmen get no respect , and commission pay can be like a rollercoaster ride without a seatbelt. I lost my ability to keep a positive attitude after I rolled a 25k ranger and ripped the rear axles apart. Damn Firestone tire recall of 99'

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
cheers - i have learned many things listening/watching mechanics. It's amazing how few people today know how to turn a wrench or remove a tire when it's flat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman