New guy from across the pond

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ForumTroll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Nick, 30 years old and currently looking for a nice and clean looking used 2004/2005/2006 Tahoe (preferable black). Currently driving a Ford Focus wagon 1.6 liter TDCi (diesel). Financially a wise decision (low in taxes, insurance, petrol etc in Europe) but not a very exciting / special car to drive;)

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
Are there a lot of Yukons and Tahoes over there? I didn't think these vehicles were popular over there at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ForumTroll

ForumTroll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are there a lot of Yukons and Tahoes over there? I didn't think these vehicles were popular over there at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Very very very few. Europe is not really the place to drive these kinds of cars, but that is exactly why I want to drive one. To drive a 2005 Tahoe for example I would have to pay monthly road taxes of aprox USD 260,- + Insurance USD 50,- + Gas which is USD 6,70 for a gallon. Because of the extremely high gas prices over here you see loads of US vehicles driving on Liquefied Petroleum Gas instead of normal gas. LPG is only USD 0.56 for a liter.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
$6,70 a gallon !!! I would buy a horse ! Lol. That is beyond crazy. And road tax monthly also ! Wow. Sorry to hear that man

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
There's a member on here from Scotland , don't remember his name tho.
Do you have to pay that much a month because it's a bigger vehicle? Aren't roads there narrow ? Compared to US roads?
Welcome aboard mate!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ForumTroll

ForumTroll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's a member on here from Scotland , don't remember his name tho.
Do you have to pay that much a month because it's a bigger vehicle? Aren't roads there narrow ? Compared to US roads?
Welcome aboard mate!

That is correct, the bigger the vehicle and the bigger the engine (hence more co2 emission) the more you pay. Gas guzzlers are really discouraged by the government --> a new Ford Mustang GT will set you back USD 117.000,-

I really hope i can get my hands on a nice 2004/2005 Tahoe LT or Z71 :driver:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wow ! I think I've heard before the taxes in England are really high. Do they convert American vehicles to rhd or leave them as is?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome

is road tax only if you drive in downtown area or just b/c you got it on road in general?

good luck in your search

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz