New autoride compressor & rear shocks, no compressor turn on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate07Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought a 2007 tahoe with autoride and the compressor never turned on and rear shocks were bad. So, this week I replaced rear shocks and compressor with all new components. The shocks improved the ride immediately but the compressor is not turning on, ever.

I checked all 3 fuses and the relay, all good. The code I was getting with old compressor was C0660 - level control exhaust valve circuit.

So, how do I proceed to try and activate the new compressor?

Ps I left the battery disconnected over night but no change in the morning after reconnecting and turning key to on.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing that you need to do, in order for the new compressor to run. If I understand you correctly, there are no codes currently being thrown, after the installation of new rear shocks and compressor.

Without a Tech 2 available to do proper diagnostics, I would perform the following:

Disconnect the electrical connector to the compressor and check the voltage on the 12V wire in on the truck side of the electrical connector (I believe that it is the large red wire), to see if you have 12V coming to the compressor, when the motor is running.

If you have 12V coming to the compressor, disconnect the air connector to one of the shocks, and start the truck, and see if the compressor turns on.

If the compressor does not run, then there may be an issue with the compressor, even though it is new.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you used the Dorman compressor, it doesn't obey the self-test sequence that the OEM compressor does - in fact I couldn't even turn mine on with the Tech2. Yet when I load up the back end with meat or stuff, it diligently kicks on to level it out. You might try putting a couple of people in the back to see if it'll kick on then.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you used the Dorman compressor, it doesn't obey the self-test sequence that the OEM compressor does - in fact I couldn't even turn mine on with the Tech2. Yet when I load up the back end with meat or stuff, it diligently kicks on to level it out. You might try putting a couple of people in the back to see if it'll kick on then.
Thats interesting.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for power at the relay, and again at the pigtail at the compressor. It should always do a self check.

OP
OP
N

Nate07Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Ok, I’m still hoping that’s the case with mine but I’ll also check for power in the harness at the relay as suggested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos