Need advice on lifting my 04 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBraga92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm gonna order a leveling kit that will lift me atleast 2.5 inches and I'm upgrading my sho KS to skyjacker shocks but I'm curious to know if I'm able to change out my rear coil springs for something more stiffer and will give me a little more lift my goal is to Clear up to 34" preferably 33x12.50x16 so any help, advice, pics shown and parts show will be much appreciated...also if yall got pics of my generation of Tahoe (99-08)lifted 3"-4" on 33s or 34s that be awesome really wanna see how it looks before I decide to do it..thanks yall sorry for the newbie questions

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
What is your use going to be, pavements or hardcore off-road, or something in between?

Level kits and lifts are two different animals and the first will leave you with a harsher ride and worse CV angles that contribute to breakage. IF this is a 4x4?

Many people are happy with leveling kits but if you’ll be cycling the suspension much a real lift is the way to go.

PS this is the section for 07-14 models.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum, and other folks will chime in, as many folks here in the Forum have lifted trucks.

slow4dr

Reaction score
I have the stock rear spring rate vs. the Skyjacker 2.5" lift spring rate in my build thread somewhere. It's been a few years but the difference in rate was substantial.

Ordo 87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A brief note regarding the Rough Country 6" lift. The lower control arms don't align well with the stock bump stops and the front end will ride on smashed (not compressed...smashed to about 1.5 inches).
So even though I have technically gained suspension travel, with the Rough Country you lose your active suspension ride "feel" due to the lack of control arm to bump stop clearance.
Fix? Replace the upper control arm at the same time you do a lift job.
Recommendations:
Lift: BDS Suspensions https://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=9&ty=1&yr=2000-2006
Upper CA: https://cognitomotorsports.com/chev...find=2004-gmc-yukon-slt-381748&sid=OUebJsq9KA
Cognito control arms might be expensive due to getting the ball joint with the CA but it's a 'one-and-done' scenario...do it and forget it. The springs with the BDS kit are more robust to prevent the travel that my RC lift does in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs