My '97 4 Door LT, pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I joined the forum a few days ago, and I finally got around to taking a few pics of my hoe.
This truck was purchased new in '97 with a little over 1,000 miles on it by my father from Edmark Chevrolet in Boise. It was his dd, then it went to my mom when he bought his Silverado. My mom drove it for a few years until she got a new car and then the Tahoe became the family trip car, and it saw use in the winter for ski trips but in the summer it mostly sat on our property. My father gave this hoe to me about two years ago, and it has been my dd, college vehicle. Current mileage is 144,438.
Last winter I had a small incident with a snow bank which broke the front air dam, which I removed, and also broke the front license plate mount.
As she sits, she is basically stock. It has Yakima Ski racks, I have a bike rack for the summer too. It has a K&N air filter put on at around 115k miles. Just replaced the battery, alt, belt myself and had the U-joints replaced and the tranny serviced.
I have been wanting to do some mods, namely headers, cat-back exhaust, replace the plastic grill inserts with some type of billet grille, and I want to put a brush guard on her too. Also, I want to tint the front windows.
What else do you guys think I should do to her????

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
It looks good man. Truck looks like its really solid. What direction are you going, as in how you want it to look?

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, my Yukon used to be my father's daily driver that he bought new in '97. I don't have any pics of mine yet, I can't find my damn camera. Soon enough though...

Anyways, really nice Tahoe! Would you lift it, lower it, etc? Keep the stock look? I'd say the bug deflector and the stickers on the back kind of take away from the look of the truck, however, what matters is what you like, so if you like those, it doesn't matter what I think, haha.

OP
OP
HotCarl

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's a 4x4, and it drives pretty good in snow which I drive in alot, and also a little mud. I want to go for a sick lookin 4x4, and I have been thinking about a lift but I don't want anything extreme, maybe 2 inches, and I don't want to sacrifice too many MPG's so I would want to stay with the stock rims, maybe a taller a tire.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, that's cool. Well, if you don't want to mess with the suspension at all, you could always go with a 2 or 3 inch body lift, which is probably the cheapest route of lifting and will allow you to stuff some larger tires (although not too large). I have some ideas in the works for my Yukon as well. Our rigs are basically a blank canvas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076