Mrs. George B gets a new ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good luck with the storm! It’s nuts so far! Close to 2 feet just in the last 24 hours here in big bear and they’re calling for between 2-3 more feet of snow between now and Saturday!! We don’t have anywhere to our all that snow lol. The three highways in and out of big bear are currently shut down and all roads in big bear are under R3 chain restrictions and probably will be for several days. That didn’t stop me from trucking in to the resort today with no chains to teach my private lessons that I had booked with students lol.
Thanks!
Wasn’t no big deal. Just a bit of a mess.

You have a big mess.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the storm! It’s nuts so far! Close to 2 feet just in the last 24 hours here in big bear and they’re calling for between 2-3 more feet of snow between now and Saturday!! We don’t have anywhere to our all that snow lol. The three highways in and out of big bear are currently shut down and all roads in big bear are under R3 chain restrictions and probably will be for several days. That didn’t stop me from trucking in to the resort today with no chains to teach my private lessons that I had booked with students lol.
I've been watching the California mountain weather for the past 2 weeks. Heading out to Tahoe for a ski trip next weekend and gettin' stoked with all of that pow chow piling up.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe this one.
Looked at and drove this one tonight. It’s really nice and very solid. All new brakes although the back ones click when you first stop. Has a broken engine mount that I can feel on a power stand, the driveshaft likely has a bad joint or bearing and something gives a solid clunk when you come to a complete stop. It will need a trip to the body shop to repair a dinger to the corner of the back gate and a dent in the roof in the back. All that aside it runs smooth and strong down the highway and in town. Shifts smoothly without shuddering and everything that I can test seems to work. Can’t test the A/C. It has all the options except a heated wheel and was well cared for.
Going to be talking to the sales guy again in the morning about what they can do about the issues I found.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older Acadia's and Traverse are known for tranny problems so you better get an extended warranty

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looked at and drove this one tonight. It’s really nice and very solid. All new brakes although the back ones click when you first stop. Has a broken engine mount that I can feel on a power stand, the driveshaft likely has a bad joint or bearing and something gives a solid clunk when you come to a complete stop. It will need a trip to the body shop to repair a dinger to the corner of the back gate and a dent in the roof in the back. All that aside it runs smooth and strong down the highway and in town. Shifts smoothly without shuddering and everything that I can test seems to work. Can’t test the A/C. It has all the options except a heated wheel and was well cared for.
Going to be talking to the sales guy again in the morning about what they can do about the issues I found.
After sleeping on this one I am still open to it however I would like to see a better deal than the current price. I doubt they will take any steps to fix any of these items. So they can either tell me to walk, which I will, or they can work to make a deal. It needs about 5-6k invested to be in the shape I want.
Not sure if Heidi really likes it or if she is settling…

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been reading about that and unable to determine the most common years. Seems the earlier ones like the 08 model year was the worst but they all can have an issue.
Motor mounts and A/C actuators go out a lot also and dont let Heidi settle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues