More freakin' issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
Well what d'ya know, the thing has even more issues. Here's my list for the dealer:

1. Very noisy rattle at low speeds from engine bay (especially after sitting for long periods of time unused.)

2. Left rear door rattles/vibrates when you open it (right door doesn't do this, so I assume that is a defect)

3. Windows rattle when opening and closing doors (I'm able to move the glass side to side , and shake it back and forth by hand too)

4. Yesterday the temps were low (in the negatives w/ lots of wind chill) and the car was sitting out in the parking lot for a few hours, the power steering didn't work and it gave me warnings 'service power steering', 'check battery charging system'. It took about 10 minutes of trying before the steering would work properly. I know a guy who drives an Aston V8 Vantage that sat out for the same period, same weather, and not one problem, so why is my SUV designed to handle this (supposedly), having issues? The hybrid system should have been tested during development, so why are there issues with the battery?

I got the warning again the same day about 15 minutes after I parked in the garage (AC MODE), I started it and the warning disappeared.

I am surprised because every other GM vehicle I have owned has never had any issue (still have an 02 Trailblazer with 170k on it, runs fine). 1999 Montana van 230k still ran, but huge coolant leak 3k to fix so I sold. The previous denali xl, which ran excellently.

The only reason I don't switch over to a Q7 is because I know diesels are well known to be more trouble than they're worth (3.80 a gallon vs 3.60) especially in the winter. I would have been screwed if my diesel turned to mush in that parking lot.

EDIT: THANK YOU GM CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR NOT RESPONDING AFTER I TOOK THE TROUBLE OF SENDING MY VIN AND A DESCRIPTION OF THE ENGINE BAY RATTLING 3 MONTHS AGO.

UPDATE: I called GM Customer service (Rather than bothering with the useless reps on this forum) and they are going to look at the car on Tuesday to see whether it qualifies for buy back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork