Might be time to upsize

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlynch

Reaction score
I need advice on Suburban/Yukon XL years to avoid or seek out.

My current ride is a 2001 Tahoe, that I bought to be my hunting truck. I like its simplicity and utility. My wife drives a smaller SUV. We have determined that there are some instances where we need something even bigger, so I am starting to think about returning to the Suburban fold, and demoting the Tahoe back to hunting truck.

I'm trying to figure out if there are certain years or features that have more problems than others, so I can aim for the least problem alternatives. We previously had a 2001 Suburban, and liked it. Later, we had a 2009 Suburban and loved it. That generation was much more comfortable than our '01 It used oil, but I know more about that now than I did then.

If I found a good deal on a newer generation, I'd consider buying up. Realistically, I'm too big a cheap skate to buy new, especially in these "market adjustment" times.

Thanks for any advice or personal experience you can share.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When my 19997 Yukon drove its last mile, I picked up a new-to-me 2007 Yukon XL Denali, and the amount of extra space gained was perfect for my family. This year/model did not have the AFM activated, but from reading here in the Forum, folks do need to look out for the early years of AFM, as there were a number of failures.

Other folks with other model years of the extended body truck will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy