make over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I joined this site because I have had my truck for about 5 years and I'm ready to give it a make over. Joined 3 days ago and already got some good advice thanks......

Here is what I'm working with:

picture.php
[/IMG]

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I lowered the back a little, But I have always wanted it lower. I can't decide exactly how low I want it. Thinking 4/6, but worried I won't be able to pull my 4wheeler.

Last edited:

Riocool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked this up the first week of Jan, and it has a 2/3 drop on it with 17's but only 50 series tires up front I don't like the gap, it looks like your tires are abit taller so 3" would look good with those wheels and tires.

P1060155.gif

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Riocool; I looked at your truck the other day its awsome, Was gonna ask you about your drop. My rims are 18s, I've had em on the truck about 4 years, slid off the road and bent 2 of em last winter. Looking for 20s to put on it. Do you know how low a drop I can sport with 20s?

Riocool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want to go with 20" wheels what I recommend is putting your wheels on first and seeing how low you want to go then. Keep in mind if you want 20's and want to go low your looking at some low profile tires and with the snow your talking about you may want to keep your current wheels for winter driving. Another thing is ride quality, low pro's are rougher riding my son has 20's and his doesn't ride as smooth as mine. I post a pic he has 20's with 255-35's with a 3" drop.

IMG_0472.gif
How it sits now, he has air bags in rear to rise.

IMG_0471.gif

when it was lowered 5" in front looks good but rubbed the inside fender wells had to raise it some.

IMG_0445.gif

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys have some great trucks! I was planning on keeping the old rims for winter driving. (I suck at it.) I bought low profile tires, when I first got the rims. I hated the ride quality. I drive it everyday to work about 35 miles, not to mention road trips. I'm gonna take your advice and try a 2/3. That way I have options.

Thankyou

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I resized and put some bigger ones up on my profile. My truck got broke into and they stole my AC vents and cd player, left my subs, go figure. So when I get all that replaced I'll puyt some up of the interior.

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tell you what i love my 4/6 drop with the 17"s on mine even though i am running 45 series tires it rides like stock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts