Low Beam LED Review—DDM Tuning SaberLED-ProX-55W-Accu/V2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMarine1171

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to me 2019 Yukon XL SLT with halogen projectors was in desperate need of upgrades to the halogen low beams. Researched some different options and these DDM Tuning LEDs had a good following. I avoided any LEDs that had marketing spelled in broken English lol. Just didn’t feel right paying under $50 for LEDs on Amazon straight out of China.

These blades are adjustable 360° and they did require fine adjustment as I wanted to get them just right. I didn’t like the little Phillips screwdriver they provide as I almost stripped it out, but fortunately I had a micro Phillips head kit that made it easy.B282393C-495E-4392-99CA-F519D8156042.jpegA2664847-F60D-4DA6-8A9E-8AC6DE473C0E.jpeg3A9A7A80-5018-4E02-BBD8-03B09C6A63FF.jpeg

shucknet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What adjustment did you have to make? I was under the impression that the only reason you would have to adjust these was if the bulb mount in the headlight was canted. Is the Yukon not a straight mount?

OP
OP
U

USMarine1171

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What adjustment did you have to make? I was under the impression that the only reason you would have to adjust these was if the bulb mount in the headlight was canted. Is the Yukon not a straight mount?
After putting the bulb in the housing and twisting into position the blade was not vertical…it was probably 5° off vertical. So I had to loosen and adjust the blade. They’re the 6000k.

shucknet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What made you decide to go with the VLED micro extreme for high beams as opposed to the SaberLEDs?

OP
OP
U

USMarine1171

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What made you decide to go with the VLED micro extreme for high beams as opposed to the SaberLEDs?
The DDMs may have fit in the high beams, but the housing is very tight and I didn’t want to risk the DDMs not fitting. I had a pair of old underground lighting LEDs I tried to fit in the high beams, but the little puck or module that is attached to the bulbs wouldn’t squeeze into the housing. The bulbs fit into the socket, but the puck wouldn’t squeeze past the tight clearance between the socket and the opening to the housing. The DDMs puck may have fit as it’s a bit slimmer than the underground lighting puck, but I didn’t want to risk it so I got the VLED instead they fit no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881