Lighting installment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XxBIGxTEXxX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just got my HIDs from DDM Tuning and wanted to know if anyone had a good write up or a website tha explains exactly how to instal some HIDs on a 1999 4 door 4wd chevy tahoe?

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you connect the factory wiring to the ballistic, you'll never to flip the connection over. There's a link on DDM's website, let me pull it up for you.

https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=2&nav=0,1

Download the file if you have adobe reader. Basically, when I installed mine, my understanding was the polarity between the factory wiring and DDM's HID's flow in different directions. By flipping the connections around, the polarity goes the same way.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, It's been about a year since I installed my HID's. And it's my only set I've ever installed.

Last edited:

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to mention that but yeah you have to plug that one in backwards. seems werid but thats what i read before i got mine and it worked for me

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to mention that but yeah you have to plug that one in backwards. seems werid but thats what i read before i got mine and it worked for me

I've ordered from them before but that was over a year ago. I actually just put in an order with them last night for two new pairs of bulbs. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to get to your home? I'm guessing you live in Texas?
I only ask because I'm only two hours away from their warehouse and can't stand the wait.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in va.. but when i got mine i paid for the express shipping so under a week. my buddy got normal and it took like a month. so if your close then id assume less than a weeks time

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's if you don't get them directly from China.
That's how mine came. Took a lil over a week I think.

You can also get a set through HID guy. They claim better quality at a higher price though.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's if you don't get them directly from China.
That's how mine came. Took a lil over a week I think.

You can also get a set through HID guy. They claim better quality at a higher price though.

My next set will be from HIDGuy. From reading reviews of DDM online, I've only heard bad about them. Personally, I've had a great experience with them, but I'm worried that might end.

Also, not totally convinced my 8,000k's from DDM are actually 8,000K's. They seem closer to 6,000K IMO. I saw somewhere on another forum that infact DDM's HID's were mis-advertised to the public.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OuttaGass