Intellibeam headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruby Roo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been trying for a while to get this to work and after much research have found out the reason that it never worked. The manual says that the sensor is in the middle, top of the windshield so I assummed that it was in that black triangle. NO. the sensor is actually in the mirror. If you look in the picture you will see the mirror, the dash cam, and the black triangle. I had the dash cam in front of the mirror and blocked the sensor. Long story short, move your dash cam, radar detector, or whatever off to the side and make sure there is no blocking of the sensor.

Sensor.jpg

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying for a while to get this to work and after much research have found out the reason that it never worked. The manual says that the sensor is in the middle, top of the windshield so I assummed that it was in that black triangle. NO. the sensor is actually in the mirror. If you look in the picture you will see the mirror, the dash cam, and the black triangle. I had the dash cam in front of the mirror and blocked the sensor. Long story short, move your dash cam, radar detector, or whatever off to the side and make sure there is no blocking of the sensor.

View attachment 184289
I beg to differ . . . I have a 17 Suburban LS with the Intelli-beam headlight system. The sensor is at the center top of the windshield. My reareview mirror does not have a sensor on the back like you do. I believe that sensor is for the models that are equipped with the auto-dimming mirror feature - which is not on my LS.

I did have trouble getting my Intelli-beam headlight system to work when I first got the Suburban, but after figuring it out, it works fine (except when the Police think I am flashing them).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10