Front Radar Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FargoJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting a notification that my front radar is blocked. I have looked in the manual and searched online, and I can't find anything showing where the front radar is located. The windshield is clean in front of the camera behind my rear view mirror, so I think something must be blocking the radar in the front grill. Where is this?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be because of nasty weather or low battery.
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

What exactly do you drive! Always helps to put down vehicle info!

@FargoJoe
I am getting a notification that my front radar is blocked. I have looked in the manual and searched online, and I can't find anything showing where the front radar is located. The windshield is clean in front of the camera behind my rear view mirror, so I think something must be blocking the radar in the front grill. Where is this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FargoJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh yes, of course, I have a 2017 Tahoe premier. This started after a big snowstorm, so I originally thought that was the cause. However, since that time any ice in there would have melted. I see the small disks on the bumper for parking assist and they are clean. I was wondering if there is a different radar used for the front crash detection and adaptive cruise. There has not been any damage ever to the front end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FargoJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you Thrust and Art Contoni! I was searching for the wrong terms it appears. I can see it now low on the front drivers side. I can't see any obvious blockage, however. I am going to try to clean it off when I get a chance here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17