I miss my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 16 is in the body shop now for the needed repairs after being backed into a few weeks ago. Other guys insurance set me up with a unlimited mileage rental. Enterprise gave me a brand new Armada and it just sucks.

Comparing it new to my 4 year old Tahoe its awful. It has more HP but feels like it has half. The suspension sucks. It feels like a old Cadillac floating around on the road. The body roll is awful and it neuters itself any time you try to punch it with the wheel slightly turned like making a turn in a intersection. The dash layout is not intuitive at all. The steering wheel controls are annoying to use they are all just out of reach without moving a hand. To change the information display on the cluster you have to reach behind the wheel to the dash around the cluster. It has 0 android auto/car play type abilities. The fuel mileage when putting around like a old person is about equal to that of me lead foot driving the Tahoe. Im sure there are plenty of upgrades for these things and more to come but for new it feels so old and dated.

Sorry to rant im bored and miserable on my drives lately.

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the way I feel anytime I drive a FERD :anitoof: may as well be in a boat on the lake.

The only fords I drive are old diesels anymore thankfully. My service truck is a old 2000 F550 with the 7.3. Turbo noises and it beats the hell out of you lmao. my father in law and my boss are both big ford fans. I hate riding with them if I have to. Like you said boat on the lake.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've driven a few late model ford SUV's as rentals, I don't like them there is def a difference in handling, it's like woah big boy easy now

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The handling is the key reason I even got the Tahoe vs a expedition or ecoboost explorer. Im partial to GM despite all the mistakes lately because they still just ride better. Plus so much aftermarket.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the infinity version of that for a week. QX80 I think? I hated that thing. Had an expedition max once. I like it. Hated the start stop feature but it drove nice. It was more comfy than my Yukon, if I dare say.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Utah this week for a wedding. Decided to grab a rental car and go explore on my own one day. When I got to enterprise I had the choice between two K2 platform tahoes and an armada. I wanted nothing to do with that Nissan. Lol. Glad I chose the tahoe. I think it was a 2018. Just having apple car play in the rental was super nice and made it SO much easier to get around have my Apple Maps right on screen lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11