I DID paint my Rims RED!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no...my lip is rounded and I dont like the look of to colors split on a smooth surface with no seam...if I had a defined lip, that would be a good idea...but Im not going to do lips on this because its not defined

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im curious how well this will last... i like the look of painted wheels... i like the red blizz... i was told i could not paint my chrome wheels because they would not take the paint and would just chip and flake away... i would have blacked mine out along time ago if i had known it would last... keep us updated

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a newer kind of paint from Duplicolor called Matelcast. You clean the metal/chrome surface and spray this on it! That was just a quick job and I like it...so I'll strip it, clean the wheels extremely well, paint it with Metalcast...then spray with clear just for extra durability

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, i would love to see how it looks finished and cleared... defiantly keep me updated on how it lasts... im about to put my winter wheels on and take the 22's off, so i might be looking at this for a winter project... and i would assume you can just wipe them with thinner to get rid of the paint and go back to chrome??

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what I did...when I did that first small section...I ended up letting it dry and then used denatured alcohol to rub it off

I'll keep you all updated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts