HUD doesn’t show speed limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJohn76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My HUD sometimes doesn’t show the speed limit. Anyone else with the same problem? Sometimes it will show a speed limit but not change when it should.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2021, it won't show the speed limit if it doesn't know what it is. Some roads don't have it defined.

I'm guessing if yours is newer if you go to the Navigation screen or one of the other pages on the screen right in front of you there's one which shows a speed limit and if it doesn't appear in that area like it normally would, it won't appear on the HUD either.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First question to ask:
Do you have an active onstar data plan?
If the answer to this question is no, you won’t have Speed Limit in the instrument cluster or on the HUD.

If the answer to that is yes, next question is does it show in the instrument cluster but not in the HUD, or is it missing both places?

I have noticed that when the infotainment system is in process of downloading an offline map (which happens every few days), the speed limit won’t show. You can see if an offline map update is in progress by noticing the red “active alert” dot at the top left of the infotainment screen, tapping the bell icon, and it will tell you if a map download is in progress.

All that said, sometimes the thing is a little fickle and has to “find itself again”…mine sometimes shows no speed, on the same road it showed me a speed yesterday. Welcome to the buggy Android automotive we have in our rigs…

bbgbbg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have to stay logged out for it to work. when i log into my google account, speed limit will work for a while then disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879