How to remove grille and 3rd brake light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you remove the chrome trim on the front grille and the 3rd brake light? I'm still looking for my Tahoe and just wanted to see how this was done because I plan on painting the grille black and smoking the 3rd brake light. Thanks for your help!

Thanks,
DwDrummer

Greg

King Mink
Reaction score
3rd brake light should be by screws on the inside, under the headliner...

grill... what year do you have?

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guessing you have a newer Tahoe. Just take out all the screws around the grill. Then there are 2 clips, one on each side of the grill in the middle I think. They are a pain in the ass. Then the trim and the mesh part come off as one. There are very hard tabs that hold the mesh and trim together.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guessing you have a newer Tahoe. Just take out all the screws around the grill. Then there are 2 clips, one on each side of the grill in the middle I think. They are a pain in the ass. Then the trim and the mesh part come off as one. There are very hard tabs that hold the mesh and trim together.

Thanks Scotto2323! Did you paint your grille or have it painted?

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed to have my hitch cover and Yukon Tailgate trim painted so I had a shop just spray everything for me. Had a friend do it so can't give you an accurate price.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed to have my hitch cover and Yukon Tailgate trim painted so I had a shop just spray everything for me. Had a friend do it so can't give you an accurate price.

Thanks!:Handshake: I'll prolly just paint my grille myself!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
3rd brake light is longer than it looks;
1. Takes removing 3 allen key screws in lift gate and much more......took longer than the headlight times two for me....I will see if I can find the directions.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Found them just have to scan them on here now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darryl251

Latest posts