How should I Lubricate jumpy automatic side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zedhed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do I lubricate the mirrors on my Cadillac Escalade esv 2015.. The mirrors themselves jerk when it goes into reverse to look down.. Happens also if I manually move them around with the inside control. They catch and skip and jump about a quarter of an inch to go into normal position as they move.. How can I get lubricant to the mirrors themselves I'm not really talking about the folding part of the mirror but the mirrors.
And what kind of lubricant would you recommend possibly a lithium or a dry Silicone lubricant?
Getting access behind the mirror by either some kind of removal or is there another way leaving the mirrors in place? Thanks guys

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I lubricate the mirrors on my Cadillac Escalade esv 2015.. The mirrors themselves jerk when it goes into reverse to look down.. Happens also if I manually move them around with the inside control. They catch and skip and jump about a quarter of an inch to go into normal position as they move.. How can I get lubricant to the mirrors themselves I'm not really talking about the folding part of the mirror but the mirrors.
And what kind of lubricant would you recommend possibly a lithium or a dry Silicone lubricant?
Getting access behind the mirror by either some kind of removal or is there another way leaving the mirrors in place? Thanks guys
sounds like it may just be the adjusting motor is not working as smooth as it should could be a defect, these trucks are pretty new so finding someone or a video of how they come apart is going to be difficult maybe check with a popular autobody or glass repair shop that has replaced a broken mirror glass on these or search google maybe someone posted a video, normally in previous models the rear cover comes off first then you can get access to the screws to get the rest apart. be careful it's plastic and has tabs that will break VERY easily.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that same jerky motion whenever I close mine too. I don't use that feature often, but I expect that feature to operate flawlessly if I'm paying $95k for a vehicle. Maybe I can have them look into it when I take it in for that recent recall for the 3rd row seat belt.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also disable the reverse mirror tilt (and reverse wiper swipe) in the infotainment settings if you don't utilize or require these functions to be active.

I do because I don't really need them to be active and figure longer longevity will result without constant unnecessary adjustment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods