HELP REAR AC QUIT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My rear ac started acting funny a month or two ago where when it was cut on it would blow and get cold but eventually baby would say she couldn’t feel the air well I could cut the car off and restart and it would work fine but it seemed like a door actuator issue well after I done my big 3 I noticed about a week later the whole rear ac control module on the back of the console quit. My question is should I check for fuses being blown causing the module to quit the Tahoes got over 300,000 miles so I don’t doubt the module being fried from the age. But I haven’t been able to find anything on a rear door actuator anytime I look it up to order it. Any help would be much appreciated so i don’t have a hot baby in the back seat the weeks I’m home and she wants to ride with me thanks

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well what I would do is check fuses first cause buying a new rear climate control actuator isn't hard but it will need be programmed also. Soooo. Does the rear button light up on the front climate control? What years your hoe? All helpful questions.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of those china tech2's are going to be very valuable here.
You can read modules, look for codes that can only be seen with something that can call the correct modules.
Plus you can also see exactly what everything is doing.

every so often I find it helpful to just run the blend door calibrations.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Ended up being the rear radio/ac module on the back of the center console she quit all together got the ac recharged swapped it out in 5 min in the parking lot and she’s good to go!