Got "Goofed" on a 2007 Yukon XL SLT 2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jakeo1962

Jakeo1962

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the truck has the rear entertainment and has a radio screech it is most likely the rear control head unit that needs replacement. Next time it is screeching reach back and press on the face of the rear control unit and see if it stops. They are around 100 bones on amazon. I drove wit a screech for almpst a year before figuring it out. GM placed the unit in harms way if the button is hit pretty hard or if say a childs backpack strap hangs on a knob and breaks it off (YUP THAT WAS MINE) it destroys the head unit internals......
Thank you very much, I will try anything at this point!
I thought I narrowed it down to the drivers seat because even if the radio isn't on it screeches as you get in or out of the seat. The wiring to the unit you are talking about could be under there? I'll be checking it all out or have SIL do as it's like nails on a chalk board......LOL
TYVM

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the unit head internal where the knob got tweaked. Yes it is a VERY IRRITATING screech. Good Luck man.