Fixed my URPA (Parking Sensor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2006 Escalate with a Parking Sensor System and a aftermarked Rear Camera. That is very helpfull, to prevent my wife from killing small cars like a Smart or Nissan Mikra hich are very common in Germany. But the parking system didnt work. And the camera shows very well whats behind the car, but not what is at the corner of the bumper. But the original URPA System just made a red light, when put in the rear gear.

So I looked for solutuions and I found someone saying, that the are mostly contact problems of the connectors at the sensors. So I pulled of the connector, clean them with pressurized Air and sprayed them with a contact spray.

This is a good series where he explains certain problems:

After switching off the car and start again, the system it is back in service..

Another point fixed. :head3:

I love my Escalate.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a rather short fun. After the system didn't work, since I bought the car, it was running yesterday, but today it quit function again...:(

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday I received my new Sensors from the US, 3 weeks after purchase. They transported them propably with the an Amish coach from the west coast to the east coast and fly it to Germany.. :p

I am imedietly change the sensors and now the system works.
Hopefully it continuous the next time..

Wish you all a merry Christmas from Germany

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday I received my new Sensors from the US, 3 weeks after purchase. They transported them propably with the an Amish coach from the west coast to the east coast and fly it to Germany.. :p

I am imedietly change the sensors and now the system works.
Hopefully it continuous the next time..

Wish you all a merry Christmas from Germany
I think you should leave the Amish out of this. Otherwise some competency would be inferred... Just sayin'. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727