Feature requests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These don't seem to be options in the menu anywhere:

1. Run rear AC in remote start mode. Would be nice to cool down the back for the kids too.

2. Fog lights stay on if they were on when you last shut the car off. Basically make it like a toggle switch rather than a default to off switch.

Wondering if a reprogram could add these features.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't even if on auto... I have the rear controls locked and set to auto and sync.

Thought of a few more:

3. Cooled seats remember last setting) again toggle switch rather than default to off.

4. Allow recirculate in auto AC mode. Changing to recirculate currently kicks it out of auto which drives me nuts and makes no sense at all.

kcwood247

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with the new Yukon Denali. I just think there's always room for perfection.

IntelliLink Hardware Requests

1) Capacitive instead of resistive touchscreen to allow for a more "familiar" feel and use of gestures/swipes

2) Fingerprint resistive touchscreen

3) Higher PPI (pixels per inch) touchscreen

4) Faster processor(s), memory, and/or local disk(s) (or optimized software) to reduce app opening or page scrolling lag time

5) RSE controller that uses RF or Bluetooth instead of IR (see related IntelliLink Software Requests #1)

6) Since Blu-ray is Full HD (1080p), provide video input ports that are also capable of HD (ex. HDMI or DisplayPort or both) instead of a single composite video that carries SD (standard definition) video, typically at 480i. Composite video is a legacy technology and is rarely found as a video output on many consumer devices. In many instances multiple conversions (via specialty adapters and cables) are required to get this even to physically work.

7) Provide screens built-in to both driver and passenger headrests vs in middle / in direct line of rearview mirror view.

---

IntelliLink Software Requests

1) Regarding the IntelliLink RSE, provide the ability to temporarily view (ex. allow for 15 seconds) the rear-seat entertainment screen and virtual controller (i.e., up/down/left/right/enter) so that "Enter" or "Right then Enter" or "Down then Enter" can be used to start DVD/Blu-ray movies without: A) pulling off the road and putting the vehicle into Park, B) requiring the rear-seat occupants (ex. 2 yr old) to use the provided RSE controller properly, or C) having the driver (or passenger is present) to reach the controller back, point it at the screen, and then pressing "Enter" in hopes that the particular DVD/Blu-ray simply uses "Enter" instead of "Down then Enter"

2) Ability to configure an option to have the 2 or 3 fixed rows of favorites (i.e., Provide an option that when pressing the up arrow to show stored favorites, 3 rows always pops up instead of pressing up then swiping up).

3) Regarding IntelliLink Navigation, system integration is important, but why reinvent the wheel. Why not integrate with what consumers are used to - their phone maps or consumer grade portable gps devices (ex. Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc.)

4) Regarding the Voice Command Button on Steering Wheel, provide the ability to configure which system the voice command uses when first pressed (i.e., IntelliLink, Siri, or OnStar). Preference would be when the instrumentation panel is in the Phone view, a press of the voice command button could be configured to default to Siri Pass-Through.

5) When using the right side steering wheel controls under the Audio view of the instrumentation panel, provide the option such that pressing up actually goes down the XM channel list. Meaning, some devices (like your cable/satellite/TiVo box) have the option that (like IntelliLink) pressing the up button goes up in channel numbers, however the devices also provide the option such that it's more like a list and pressing down goes down the list (like taking out the XM brochure and controlling it like you see/read it).

6) Option to always show a clock on the center screen.

7) Option to always show a clock in the instrumentation panel.

8) More apps, like Spotify.

---

IntelliLink Software that communicates with vehicle Hardware

1) Regarding the IntelliLink Blind Spot Monitor, provide an option for the Blind Spot Monitor system that when a turn signal is engaged and there is a vehicle in the blind spot, it can be configured to sound an audible alert (i.e., chime or ding - same as lane departure warning) instead of just a rapid flash of the blind spot indicator in the side mirror.

2) Regarding IntelliLink Passive Locks, like almost all other manufacturers, provide the ability to honk the horn when locking the doors using the exterior handle locks (i.e.,without using the key fob), not only when passive locks are enabled. Currently, the horn will only honk (when not using the key fob) when passive lock is set to "on with horn."

3) Regarding Adaptive Cruise Control, provide an option to coast vs immediately apply brakes after the driver is no longer overriding it. When adaptive cruise control is set and a decision is made to pass someone by overriding the system (i.e., accelerating higher than the set adaptive cruise control speed), after executing the manually-overridden pass, like almost all other manufacturer's that have implemented on an adaptive cruise control system, allow the vehicle to "coast" back to the set speed instead of actively (and sometimes aggressively) applying the brakes to get back to the set speed. Meaning, many times there are drivers who are going an adequate speed but still under the speed limit and you would like to go the speed limit. After executing the pass, in which you went 10+ mph over the speed limit, have it gentle ease back to the set speed vs. braking as soon as the acceleration pedal is released.

---

Other Hardware

1) Perhaps there is a legitimate reason, but use "white light" (ex. LED) instead of "yellow light" (ex. halogen) as in the current halogen foglights, or the preference would be to match (the light color) to whatever is used in the headlights.

2) Provide additional interior lighting, possibly even some better ambient lighting.

3) Automatic high beams

4) Curve illuminating headlights

5) Fuel tank door lock with interior release

6) Capless fuel tank or 1 fit cap

7) Fuel tank door on not on traffic side but rather on passenger side

8) Periodically dry brakes in rain or wet conditions

9) Fit and finish. There's multiple places on the vehicle that I think could've been paid more attention to from a cosmetic and/or "lines" perspective. Maybe it's just that I have this thing with symmetry, lines with purpose, and have a pet peeve with things that are added as an afterthought vs thought out and planned for in advance.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good golly

kcwood247

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know, I know. Seems like a lot. I didn't write it all at once. With every new vehicle I get, I keep a running list of ways to improve it / feature requests. Helps with selecting the next one. I also periodically provide it to the manufacturer. I mean how are they supposed to know what to improve on / design to if they don't know or no one tells them.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I know. Seems like a lot. I didn't write it all at once. With every new vehicle I get, I keep a running list of ways to improve it / feature requests. Helps with selecting the next one. I also periodically provide it to the manufacturer. I mean how are they supposed to know what to improve on / design to if they don't know or no one tells them.

True.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackIrish