Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlockhart

Reaction score
All,

This is the first vehicle I've ever bought new and had some questions that hopefully you guys can help with.

I've got a 2021 Denali that was purchased in 2021. At the time I declined any kind of extended warranty. Fast forward to today, my warranty ended on 5/1/2024. I'm interested in now getting an extended warranty (the vehicle is fine, zero issues) and low mileage 25k. I don't know if this is even possible or if anyone has had any experience with adding an extended after the initial warranty period has ended.

Thanks in advance of any help.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. you can always buy a "service contract," it isn't an extended warranty.

The GMEPP is probably the best, and I think the best prices people report getting were from Knapp? Try this link -->www.knappvehicleservicecontracts.com

One thing you might consider...take the cost of whatever coverage you are thinking of buying, put it in a decent money market account earning 5% or a bit more right now, and use that money for any future repairs...I bet in the end you come out ahead...but hey, your call.

PPK_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i did an extended warranty on my last Sierra and this new Tahoe. i do 5yr and 60 month.. gmepp. on one hand yes it is 1300 bucks. but.. everything is so expensive.. about 6 years or so i started it.. cars are so much anymore.. as long as i can get the fifth year with blowing the sales tax i guess i will kept it going..

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In the words of "Let's Go Brandon"....Don't! You should have started a savings account just for that vehicle, right after you bought it. In the end, the odds are the money spent out of that fund is cheaper than a God Awful extended warranty. If you do go ahead and buy one.....read the damn thing.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cheapest time to buy it is w/in the 1st 60 days of purchase. Period. It's also long behind you by the time it comes in to play and you will pay much more 3 years later and get no more coverage. If it helps me get thru 6-7 years with this vehicle, whether used or unused, I got my money vs time worth out of it. Remember a peace of mind warranty always costs less than having to buy another vehicle, because the one you have is nickel and diming you to death or worse...

geobern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All,

This is the first vehicle I've ever bought new and had some questions that hopefully you guys can help with.

I've got a 2021 Denali that was purchased in 2021. At the time I declined any kind of extended warranty. Fast forward to today, my warranty ended on 5/1/2024. I'm interested in now getting an extended warranty (the vehicle is fine, zero issues) and low mileage 25k. I don't know if this is even possible or if anyone has had any experience with adding an extended after the initial warranty period has ended.

Thanks in advance of any help.
I also have a '21 Denali and I did purchase the 150k - $0 ded. warranty. I have 65k miles and have had a few claims, none major. For me, buying a new model in 2021 with all the new electronics and air ride, I just didn't want to get stuck with a big bill when I get past the manufacturer's 36k when I typically drive these vehicles for 10 yrs or 150k. Just made sense to me. Good luck with your decision.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Black Cadillac, but I'm don't think you can extend once past your 3/36 date.....

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked out Knapp's website.
Looks like if you buy a 48 month contract, the agreement expires 48 mo. from signing date??
If anybody has purchased from Knapp, will they do better than the internet pricing if you dont finance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colby843