1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFM Disable -- Pulsar LT

Discussion in 'Performance' started by JasonHTX, Apr 1, 2021.

1. JasonHTX

JasonHTX Full Access Member

Name:
    Jason
    Range is selling the Pulsar LT that disables the DFM, auto-off and it has a lot of other features. They said it works for the 2021 Sierra 1500 6.2L/10-speed. I am curious if y'all think it will work for the 6.2L Yukon Denali? I called them, and they couldn't give a definitive answer. Based on what we know, that the rigs are identical outside of the body style, do y'all think it's worth giving it a try? Note, that this is an inline module, versus the standard range where you just plug into the port. However, it's simple enough to remove and they claim it leaves no trace behind.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/pulsar_lt/parts/22451

2. Jgrimberg1979

Jgrimberg1979 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Justin
    would love to know if this works on the suburban.yukon models. I cant see why not but i am not going to speend $500 on a possibility

89Suburban and JasonHTX like this.
  3. JasonHTX

Name:
    Jason
    I wish people looked at this forum more :D

89Suburban likes this.
  4. Ajmalian

Ajmalian Member

Name:
    Asad
    I’ve contacted them too and I gotta say their support was quite quick with their reply, however unfortunately very brief too....

“We unfortunately do not have any support available for the SUV applications yet, but hope to have something for them in the near future.”

Above are their words. Now I’ve written back to ask them if they’re certain it will not work or is it because they haven’t tried as yet.
    The issue is I live in Dubai, and spending $500 to bring it all the way from the US to the UAE just to learn it surely won’t work with no easy way to send it back...I am a little iffy about spending that kinda money. Honestly I don’t even know what Range’s return policy is like. However if they do write back saying “It is a possibility”....I’m willing to pull the trigger on it. Anybody else here feeling annoyed by DFM and Auto start/stop and hence a little ballsy?? You’d be doing me and many others a huge favor ;););)

5. Ajmalian

Ajmalian Member

Name:
    Asad
    Damn these guys are quick!!

“The SUV applications do come equipped with similar motors but many of the other components in them are not. The units that we have currently will not work for them, but we hope to have some products available for the SUVs in the near future.”

I guess it’s a no-go on the Range Pulsar LT for the ‘21 Yukons/Tahoes for the time being.

JasonHTX likes this.
  6. JasonHTX

Name:
    Jason
    I am also going to wait. No need to risk it and flush 500 bucks down the drain.