DENALI GRILL VS SILVERADO GRILL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Im sure this is a foolish question but im asking anyway! I live in the mojave high desert "Republican country" and the temps in summer are extreme. My question is does the chrome grill with hundreds of small holes on my 08 denali XL1500 awd achieve the same "ram air" effect at highway speeds as the silverado grill for the same year which is the standard horizontal bars? I took the trailer out for the first time a couple weeks ago and noticed that even when using the engine to decelerate and coasting downhill the temp remains constant as opposed to decreasing? is this simply the difference between electric fans verse viscous clutch driven fan?. Or does the "holy" grill restrict the airflow to the point that fans must be on to effectively pull enough air to reduce temps?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the grill wouldn't be any problem, cooling capacity could be improved with a "truecool max" which is a larger transmission cooler and/or a deep transmission pan which gives it 2qt extra fluid and fins that help cool the fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645