Coolant capacity in a '97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gang,
I want to flush the coolant in my '97 (5.7) and run the new mix down to 80:20 (with Water Wetter). Does anyone know what the total capacity is for the coolant system? If I can just flush everything out with distilled water, then add a fixed amount of coolant, it would be easier than mixing up however many jugs of 80/20 mix and flushing good out with the bad.

thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Got a reply of 20 qts on FSC. Unless there are any dissenting opinions here, I'll run with that :)

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Hrm, not sure why my replies are added within my first message. Maybe because I'm replying to myself...

Anyway, this works out to 1 gal coolant and 4 gal water. And a bottle of Water Wetter. Just in case anyone else wants to go this route. Not recommended if you live somewhere that gets below freezing...

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
With AC it is 20qts, without AC, would be 18qts.

LoL and yes, it is because you are replying to yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny