Continous hot air in my yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bam870

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove home for the holidays and I noticed about half way through the trip that my 2001 yukon was blowing continous hot air out of the vents. No matter what position the fan or temperature was on didn't matter. Even when I selected the recirculate button and a/c it still would blow hot air. I have the manual selector control not the dual climate control. Anybody have any ideas so my trip back isn't as miserable?

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im having the same problem in 01 tahoe. :think:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I have the same issue whenever my father-in-law is in the truck.

;)

Jeremy P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You need to replace the little motor that controls the flap for the heater, it is behind the console by the floorboard.

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is an ambient air sensor right above your head in the headliner(looks like a tweater) there is also one in the back as well. it controls your auto air, the motor has either gone bad or clogged with dust. get some air in a can and spay the hell out of them if that doesn't work they are around 50 bucks at the dealer.

STL_Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if its blowing hot air even when the AC is on then you need to have your AC system looked at.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is most likely the blend door actuator on all of your trucks. Even the trucks that dont have the digital controls have the actuator that controls whether the air passes over the evaporator core or the heater core.

If you AC is supposed to be on (according to the control position) the compressor will still be on. If the compressor is not engaging or is short cycling it is not the blend door actuator.

The actuators range from $60-200 wholesale from the dealer depending on which one your truck needs.

Dorman is an aftermarket company that makes them and they sell them at rockauto.com for a pretty good bit cheaper than the dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv