Considering 09 Denali or Tahoe with 200k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasMyke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking to spend about $7k give or take a little on a SUV. I came across a few on the Facebook market Craigslist here in the Houston area, most of which are between 180k and 210k miles. I know there are a lot of variables as to how reliable the vehicle will be, but am I automatically looking for trouble considering these with close to 200k miles? I had a used 07 Yukon for about 7 years and only had only one major repair costing $800. It probably had 150, when we got rid of it. I do a lot of highway driving well I did before COVID, but this vehicle will only see highway miles. From what I can tell, the Denali will possibly be more reliable since the 6.2l doesn’t have AFM. But again I didn’t have AFM issues on my Yukon. I’m just looking for some thoughts. I’d up my budget if someone would sell me their Tahoe with the 6.2l. I just like the Tahoe front end better.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to spend about $7k give or take a little on a SUV. I came across a few on the Facebook market Craigslist here in the Houston area, most of which are between 180k and 210k miles. I know there are a lot of variables as to how reliable the vehicle will be, but am I automatically looking for trouble considering these with close to 200k miles? I had a used 07 Yukon for about 7 years and only had only one major repair costing $800. It probably had 150, when we got rid of it. I do a lot of highway driving well I did before COVID, but this vehicle will only see highway miles. From what I can tell, the Denali will possibly be more reliable since the 6.2l doesn’t have AFM. But again I didn’t have AFM issues on my Yukon. I’m just looking for some thoughts. I’d up my budget if someone would sell me their Tahoe with the 6.2l. I just like the Tahoe front end better.

Mike, keep an eye out for the RWD 6.2 Tahoes made in 2008 and in 2009 they could be RWD or 4x4 and all are LTZ trim levels. There were about 136 made in 2008 and almost 700 in 2009.

OP
OP
T

TexasMyke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mike, keep an eye out for the RWD 6.2 Tahoes made in 2008 and in 2009 they could be RWD or 4x4 and all are LTZ trim levels. There were about 136 made in 2008 and almost 700 in 2009.

I been searching, but they are definitely hard to find.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
09 IS the way to go. Drove from CA to TX to get our 09 Platinum AWD w/ 130k mi for $14. Sold the vehicle it was replacing for $12.5K w/ 140k mi, an 08 Denali AWD. It still feels like I stole the Escalade back in February, pre Covid.

Going into the uncharted 200k+ mi territory will get you a screaming deal on the 07-09 platforms we already know are understated. Definitely consider the drive if you find a unicorn. Expand your search to the Escalade as the RWD option is also there at way understated values. A lot still don’t see the residual value of the 07-09 Escalade even though it’s a just a rebranded Tahoe 6.2L / Denali w/ the 6.2L standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you find somebody who doesn’t know what they are selling, I highly doubt you’ll find a 6.2 Tahoe for 7K. Or maybe you get lucky...

I’ve never been one to balk at miles when I’m buying. I’m more looking for the overall appearance and condition. Service records are a plus, of course. My 07 NNBS Silverado had 182K when I bought and drove it to 257K until I sold it in August and bought my 2016 which had 178K.

OP
OP
T

TexasMyke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’d go up $12-13k max for a Tahoe with the 6.2l. The sad is I’d probably find one if I wasn’t actively looking to buy.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 07 Denali xl 190,000 on the clock. only mechanical problem is the p0011 code spent 1800 in parts fixing it but it went away and the things replaced will only save me headaches down the road. Love the truck family loves it also.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have said it before, dont be afraid to go outside your local search area for the right truck. There are deals out there to be had, if you search.

Than its just a matter of getting a cheap airplane ticket, and going to get it. Thats how I got my super low miles Esky.

Autotempest.com is your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae