Clean Sub Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlphaPhi1343

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a sub for my 04 Tahoe Z71 w/ Bose.

How have people ran the power / speaker cables to the sub/amp in the cargo area cleanly? I don't want to show wires. I couldn't figure out how to pop off the rear paneling and I didn't know how long it would take to get up the carpet.

I do know how to lift up the side kick panels by the doors to run the power cable but I would like to get the cables back to the rear and not have them setting on the floor by the passenger door.

BTW, any comments are appreciated. I am just looking for ideas:)

I will be installing tomorrow and will post pics of what I get done. Thanks!

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all the panels just snap together one way or another. just pull up the pieces that are "on top" of the others, i.e. sill plate trim you already mentioned, and get u a panel removal tool and work behind the panels (or thin fingers- which i dont have) and start pulling gently to see where they are attached and go from there. most of them are held in with meal clips that slide on plastic posts on the trim part. i pulled ours out enough to run video wire for the backup camera and it was not hard at all. just make sure on your truck that you run the power on one side and the RCA (or speaker wires - ack-) on the other to keep noise interference down.

if its really a difficult deal for ya, just use a dull flat instrument and run the wires down beside the plastic panels and shove them under the edge between the carpet and plastic trip. u might have to wiggle to get them in there but thats an easy way to do it w/o removal, although not as "proper".