Chrome strip on Esky/Denali running boards: part of the boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Can anyone confirm whether the chrome strip on the edge of the '09 Denali (and '07+ Eskys, I think) is part of the boards themselves, or a separate piece that can be added to the Tahoe boards?

It appears to me like it's "integrated" into the boards -- and maybe that the boards themselves are two pieces (the horizontal boards seems to fit into a piece along the rockers). But, I couldn't tell for sure.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

If you go to GMpartsdirect you'll find that the chrome part from the yukons is a separate piece that you can order.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go to GMpartsdirect you'll find that the chrome part from the yukons is a separate piece that you can order.

I saw that. Thanks. But, looking briefly at a Denali in a parking lot the other day, it just seemed like it couldn't possibly fit on my running boards. It looked like it was sitting a bit "recessed" in the boards, and like my boards don't have the proper indentation for these things to sit in.

But, again, that's why I'm trying to confirm this.

Did you simply see the part that I saw on gmpartsdirect, or do you know someone that bought the part and fit it to Tahoe boards?

I guess the next thing to check is whether Tahoes and Denalis have the same part number boards...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just like Kmelony I've walked up on one and that thing will not go in with the oem peice only, have to have a Denali or Esky to order the peice just like that!

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that. Thanks. But, looking briefly at a Denali in a parking lot the other day, it just seemed like it couldn't possibly fit on my running boards. It looked like it was sitting a bit "recessed" in the boards, and like my boards don't have the proper indentation for these things to sit in.

But, again, that's why I'm trying to confirm this.

Did you simply see the part that I saw on gmpartsdirect, or do you know someone that bought the part and fit it to Tahoe boards?

I guess the next thing to check is whether Tahoes and Denalis have the same part number boards...

I have always felt that the running boards on my Tahoe would look better with chrome on them. I noticed that some GMC's have chrome on them, but otherwise look like mine. I have not investigated if the strip will fit or not. What I'd really like is to fit Z71 steps on my regular Tahoe. i like those a lot.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone here have a Denali?! LOL Need someone with a Denali to check out his running boards, take a few pics, and report back to us!

e-dub75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the ones from ebay thinking it was factory chrome,it was just chrome tape by 3M..that being said ,I cleaned my boards using Dawn and then rubbing alcohol. I took my time and was able to get the tape VERY straight. After 2 weeks the ends starting coming up. I went back and Superglued the ends and have not had a problem since. BUT,on the passenger side ,where my 5 foot wife steps up to enter the chrome seem to be a bit wavy. You can tell from about 10 feet away. Easy,cheap mod that looks real good but I dont expect it to last. save your money and time and get it from Autozone or the like and not from Ebay.

Did the same thing but besides superglue used gorilla glue on the ends. Also went to autozone and bought a thicker (wider) set to go across the rear bumper pad.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone here have a Denali?! LOL Need someone with a Denali to check out his running boards, take a few pics, and report back to us!

Coming from 2 2008 Denalis and an 07 Escalade ESV, I can tell you the running boards are different than a Tahoe's. Yes, they are the same shape and same fitment, but the area where the chrome strip sits is indented, so the strip could fit on there and be flush/level with the rest of the board. The strip is not removable, and even if you were to somehow get it off and put it on your Tahoe, it would stick out.

So you would either have to try the eBay solution or order Escalade running boards. Hope that helped. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts