Cam phaser bolt just spins won't get tight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Volensaeros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon with a 6.0L LFA engine. I changed out the timing chain. When I went to put the phaser back on I guess I overtightened it and now it just spins. Do I have to replace the cam now?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon with a 6.0L LFA engine. I changed out the timing chain. When I went to put the phaser back on I guess I overtightened it and now it just spins. Do I have to replace the cam now?

I honestly don't know, not a lot of hybrids get worked on by the owners and I've never personally replaced a timing chain on a ls with a phaser.

you might try in the main engine/driveline section, more eyes there. but if you remove the bolt and look at the threads, you can usually see which ones are damaged, either the bolt or the hole. if you need it, I can probably look up the bolt tq for you. I guess it might be possible you stripped the bolt and not the cam, but impossible to know without seeing it.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea its the cam or the cambolt, the earlier reply was basically telling you to make sure it wasnt the cambolt that was stripped they are tty and shouldnt be reused - that would be a much easier fix than replacing the camshaft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz