Bose stereo locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnmcar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've searched and can't find an answer to fix this. I'm new to the forum and owning a chevy always bought dodge. I just picked up a 2005 chevy tahoe lt with autoride and with the bose system. When I got it the dealer had just put a brand new battery in it and now the stereo is locked. I've tried the 20 million different button combinations people online have said to try. Only one that works when the tahoe is off is if I hold down 5 and seek then hit the power button but as soon as I go to turn the tahoe on the stereo locks again. I really don't wanna pay a bunch of money to a dealer to reprogram the stereo.

Attachments

• received_164382683202034.jpeg
    received_164382683202034.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've searched and can't find an answer to fix this. I'm new to the forum and owning a chevy always bought dodge. I just picked up a 2005 chevy tahoe lt with autoride and with the bose system. When I got it the dealer had just put a brand new battery in it and now the stereo is locked. I've tried the 20 million different button combinations people online have said to try. Only one that works when the tahoe is off is if I hold down 5 and seek then hit the power button but as soon as I go to turn the tahoe on the stereo locks again. I really don't wanna pay a bunch of money to a dealer to reprogram the stereo.
Try this, if it does not work then just pull up to the service drive at any gm dealer and tell them the battery died and the radio is locked then they will (or should) do it at no cost in just a couple minutes

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2005 chevy tahoe lt with autoride and with the bose system. When I got it the dealer had just put a brand new battery in it and now the stereo is locked.
If nothing else, THAT dealer should resolve your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts