Boiling or bubbling sound from the front dash area....is this a heater core issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine does the same thing! id love to know wtf is causing it

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try a front core flush and see if it helps. I dont know exactly what it was in mine but I flushed the heater core and the issue went away but I did end up changing the thermostat a very short time later.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you flush the heater core? Its not the same as flushing the coolant is it?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Undo both coolant lines that come out of the firewall at the engine and spray out each hose to have the water run out of the other, doesn't flush all the crap out but if there is a bunch it should help! If it's too clogged up, better off replacing it all together!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Guys this sounds like a case example of a blocked evaporator core drain. Take it to any roadside mechanic/AC shop and they can fix it in like 2-3 minutes like they did mine, toss them $5 and be on your way.
The next thing that will start to happen may be wet passenger side carpeting from te backed up water.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys this sounds like a case example of a blocked evaporator core drain. Take it to any roadside mechanic/AC shop and they can fix it in like 2-3 minutes like they did mine, toss them $5 and be on your way.
The next thing that will start to happen may be wet passenger side carpeting from te backed up water.

I didn't even think about that, that might very well be the case!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557