Anyone actually use these trucks for off-roading? I'd love to hear feedback/experiences...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mud all over the hood and roof. I'm glad I still had my pressure washer sitting out. I still need to install my skid plates, I can only imagine how much mud is stuck under there waiting to get in my eyes when I install those plates.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
when I was shopping for my Silverado a while back I went a used car lot to look at some trucks out of town and one of them looked real nice from the outside but when I looked underneath you would not believe the caked on dried hard as a brick mud, it had to be several inches thick it looked like someone took it out in a muddy hole sank it to the frame and let it sit and dry. even with a pressure washer it would have taken someone all day or longer to get all the mud off looked like it needed to be chiseled out. As I was leaving I told the salesman you guys should have been ashamed for even putting that truck out on the lot like that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I was shopping for my Silverado a while back I went a used car lot to look at some trucks out of town and one of them looked real nice from the outside but when I looked underneath you would not believe the caked on dried hard as a brick mud, it had to be several inches thick it looked like someone took it out in a muddy hole sank it to the frame and let it sit and dry. even with a pressure washer it would have taken someone all day or longer to get all the mud off looked like it needed to be chiseled out. As I was leaving I told the salesman you guys should have been ashamed for even putting that truck out on the lot like that.

They're not ashamed, they were playing the odds and you were the one guy who would actually look before someone bought it without looking underneath. With Carvana and internet pictures, folks think they can see everything and as good as cameras are, they don't beat our wonderfully made eyes!

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get a short wand for my pressure washer... It makes it easier to clean underneath
I need a shorter wand too. My foam cannon has a huge Soap container. It's a lot of weight to balance (2 liters). I also want one of the undercarriage washers that can flip over to be a water broom. I wash a lot of mud off my atv, tractor and Tahoe on my concrete driveway and it always takes forever to rinse it off. One of these washers would probably make life a little easier.

7f5294f61ef557e3c31aaa7a5968d96f.jpg

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a shorter wanna too. My foam cannon hear a huge Soap container. It's a lot of weight to balance. I also want one of the undercarriage washers that flips over to be a water broom. I wash lots of mud off my atv, tractor and Tahoe on my concrete driveway and it always takes forever to rinse it off.

7f5294f61ef557e3c31aaa7a5968d96f.jpg

Ooohhh, I like that..

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got part of the skid plate setup tonight. Ebay had a great deal on the 2 piece below. Supposedly they are "new take offs". I'll just have to get the 3rd plate and bolts online. Seller is a military surplus seller... Makes me wonder what went on in place of these...

Still researching my options on a front push bumper with winch mount. Or possible just the Warn Max tray system with winch.c67f979e8cdd0365ed8b92c75e41ada7.jpg

I need to see photos of these on your truck! I think I might get a set!

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a older Tahoe or suburban and just make it a off road beast... Racks.. tire on top ..front rack lights .. mobile satellite TV ect satellite phone.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove